23 Dec Relationship with Nature
Icones – Karin Van Der Molen
Artist Karin van der Molen Works with natural materials, looking to create a direct dialogue between spaces and human beings. This relationship helps us see how we are a part of the planet.
What kind of relationship do we share with our environment? This workshop plays with the portrait genre as a tool to mediate between body and mind
- Groups of students will observe the environment until they find an object with which / the place where they’ll take a picture using a camera or a cell phone.
- Once a location is chosen, the students will create a scenery composition using found natural materials, the student appearing in front of the place or object randomly found in their surroundings.
- Observing our surroundings, finding a certain place or material to work at / with.
- Integrating our body into the chosen location, either intentionally through an intervention with natural materials, or with a natural location / object that randomly makes us want to take a self-portrait.
- Understanding the relationship between man and earth, the environment and the world.
- Playing with our bodies to experiment with the environment.
- A camera or cell phone.
- Vegetal and organic scraps.